Chicago, IL - The Windy City
500 Tours' Chicago trip is an excellent learning adventure. There's so much to see and do in Chicago, students won't want to leave. At the museum of Science and Industry, students will get to experience everything from a simulated take off and landing of a real 747 in the "Take Flight" exhibit, to a stroll through a 16 foot human heart replica where they will see how it works. Also on the tour are the Field Museum of Natural History, the Shedd Aquarium and Oceanarium, the Adler Planetarium, and the Sears Tower, a true marvel in architecture. Click here to view a sample itinerary for the Chicago Program.
Museum of Science and Industry:
- The Tools of Science Exhibit - Students can explore virtual reality and computerized imaging.
- Coal Mine Exhibit - Take a ride in a rail car through a coal mine to see how it operates.
- Henry Crown Space Center - Students will see the actual Apollo 8 spacecraft and many other space artifacts.
The Field Museum of Natural History:
- Inside Ancient Egypt Exhibit - See the only full size replica of an Old Kingdom Tomb that can be found outside Egypt.
- Moving Earth Exhibit - This exhibit shows students how our planet is constantly changing.
- American Indian Wing - Students will learn all about Native Americans.
Shedd Aquarium and Oceanarium:
- Coral Reef Dives - Watch divers as they swim through the 90,000 coral reef exhibit and hand feed sharks.
- Marine Mammal Presentation - Watch the staff interact with dolphins and whales.
- Anemones - Students will marvel at the beauty of these plant like animals.